February 22, 2019, 8:30 AM - 2:30 PM
Prescribed Fire Workshop
Feb 22, 2019
Seminar: Montgomery County U of I Extension Office
Demonstration: Bremer Wildlife Sanctuary
Come learn about prescribed fire in Illinois!
- 8:30am-9:00am: Coffee and registration
- 9:00am-9:10am: Welcome (Illinois SWCS and Illinois Audubon)
- 9:10am-10:00am: Fire Ecology (Dr. Sean Jenkins, Western Illinois University
- 10:00am-10:15am: Break
- 10:15am-11:00am: Burn Plan Development (Tharran Hobson, The Nature Conservancy
- 11:00am-11:40am: Fire safety and equipment (Ray Geroff, Illinois Department of Natural Resources)
- 11:40am-12:00pm: Interagency Cooperation (Caleb Grantham, The Nature Conservancy)
- 12:00pm-12:45pm: Lunch (Milano’s Catering)
- 12:45pm-1:00pm: Travel to Bremer Wildlife Sanctuary
- 1:00pm-2:30pm: Demonstration burn (weather permitting)
- Registration required; $10 fee for non-SWCS members
- IL SWCS annual meeting will occur over lunch period
- Attendees will carpool to Bremer Sanctuary (2.7 miles)
**A site visit to Bremer Sanctuary will be offered regardless of burn conditions. Additional topics will include site assessment, equipment, and burn plan implementation.
Register by February 20th
Call or text Duane Friend at 217-725-8303, or email firstname.lastname@example.org to RSVP. Seating is limited! CCA credits available!