The Outstanding Service Award is given to Society members in recognition of distinguished service in helping the Society to develop and carry out its program over a long and sustained period of time. Accomplishments of the nominee should not be of a scope or significance warranting the degree of Fellow, but should be greater than those required for the Commendation Award.
Application and supporting documents are due by 11:59 PM Central on March 16, 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Any Society member may be nominated. A five-year period, however, must elapse before members who have received Fellow Awards are eligible for the Outstanding Service Award.
- Officers at the national and chapter levels, Board members, and Society staff members are eligible during their terms of office.
- The nominee must have performed distinguished service to the Society on a sustained basis for at least 10 years. This service may have been performed at the chapter, regional, or international level, or any combination thereof
- The nominee's service should include activities that help the Society to achieve its goals and objectives.
- The award will not be given merely to recognize long membership in the Society or to honor a member's retirement.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting the nomination questionnaire and the information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Nominations shall be by petition, signed by at least 25 members of SWCS.
- Click here to download the nomination petition. Petitions can be attached to the online award nomination questionnaire or downloaded and mailed to SWCS. Individuals signing the petition may, but need not be, members of the same Society chapter. Names of Society members who are not formal members of a local chapter may also appear on a petition.
- Names of petitioners must be printed as well as signed.
- Individuals signing the petition must be a member of the Society as recognized by national headquarters on the application due date.
- Supporting materials are required for this award.
Supporting material should include:
- A maximum limit of 10 pages for nomination narratives. We suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides.
- The supporting material must clearly document the above criteria, including such items as length and continuity of membership; time span during which the distinguished service was rendered; offices, committee, and other positions held at the chapter and international levels; attendance at chapter and national meetings; and other information, in narrative form, identifying the services rendered to the Society, as deemed appropriate under the award criteria.
- The nominees Professional Curriculum Vitae must accompany the award nomination questionnaire (maximum limit of 20 pages – we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides).
- Nomination petition signed by at least 25 members of SWCS (nomination petition instructions above).
- All supporting materials can be uploaded during the online nomination process or materials can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (515) 289-1227, or mailed to:
The Soil and Water Conservation Society
945 SWC Ankeny Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank all nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. The award will be presented at the annual meeting or elsewhere as designated by the Board. No more than one-tenth of one percent of the Society's membership will be honored each year.
Contact (515) 289-2331 ext. 114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.