The Outstanding Service Award is given to Society members in recognition of distinguished service in helping the Society develop and carry out its program over a long and sustained period of time. Accomplishments of the nominee should not be of a scope or significance warranting the degree of Fellow, but should be greater than those required for the Commendation Award.
Application and supporting documents are due by March 29, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- Any SWCS member may be nominated. A five-year period, however, must elapse before members who have received Fellow Awards are eligible for the Outstanding Service Award.
- Officers at the national and chapter levels, board members, and SWCS staff members are eligible during their terms of office.
- The nominee must have performed distinguished service to the Society on a sustained basis for at least 10 years prior to the application due date. This service may have been performed at the chapter, regional, or international level, or any combination thereof.
- The nominee's service should include activities that help SWCS to achieve its goals and objectives.
- The award will NOT be given merely to recognize long membership in the Society or to honor a member's retirement.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting this questionnaire and the information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Nominations shall be by petition, signed by at least 25 members of SWCS.
- Individuals signing the petition may, but need not be, members of the same SWCS chapter. Names of SWCS members who are not formal members of a local chapter may also appear on a petition.
- Names of petitioners must be printed as well as signed.
- Individuals signing the petition must be members of the Society as recognized by national headquarters on the application due date.
- Download the Nomination Petition Form here. Nomination Petition Forms are to be saved and uploaded in this nomination form.
- Supporting materials are required for this award.
Supporting material should include:
- A maximum limit of 10 pages for nomination narratives (we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing, and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides).
- The supporting material (nomination narrative) must clearly document the above criteria, including:
- Length and continuity of membership.
- Time span during which the distinguished service was rendered.
- Offices, committee, and other positions held at the chapter and international levels.
- Attendance at chapter and national meetings.
- Other information, in narrative form, identifying the services rendered to the SWCS, as deemed appropriate under the award criteria.
- Nomination petition signed by 25 members of SWCS (petition link and instructions above).
- The nominee's professional curriculum vitae or resume (maximum limit of 20 pages – we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing, and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides).
- Supporting materials are to be uploaded in the application.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. No more than one-tenth of one percent of the Society's membership will be honored each year.
Contact 1.515.289.2331 ext. 112 or email email@example.com.