The Merit Award is given in recognition of an outstanding activity, product, or service by a group, business firm, corporation, or organization that promotes the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources.
Application and supporting documents are due by 11:59 PM Central on March 16, 2018. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- Activities of corporate sustaining members of the Society are eligible.
- Society chapter activities are not eligible in this category.
- Eligible organizations include press, radio, movies, television, industries, corporations, churches, societies, foundations, civic clubs, scout groups, and other organizations, public or private, that have carried out a noteworthy conservation activity.
- The effort or activity shall be in line with the Society's mission.
- The activity should be the result of an organized program and may include the activity of an agency of government.
- The activity shall have an effect over a large area, at least a large part of a state or province, or parts of several states or provinces.
- The principal effect of the activity should have been directed to other than professional conservationists.
- The activity should have clearly contributed to bringing about better conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources and/or better understanding of natural resource conservation issues.
- The selection of the organization should not bring discredit to similar or competing organizations.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting the nomination questionnaire and any information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Nominations may be submitted by chapters and appropriate chapter committees, any three Society members, Society officers, Society Board members, or Society committee and task force chairs.
- Eligible groups may submit their own nominations.
- Supporting material should include details on the geographic extent and scope of the nominee's contribution, the audience to which the contribution was targeted, and details on how the nominee's contribution improved the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources and/or improved the understanding of natural resource conservation issues.
All supplemental materials can be uploaded during the online nomination process or materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (515) 289-1227, or mailed to:
Soil and Water Conservation Society
945 SW Ankeny Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. The award will be presented at the annual meeting or elsewhere as designated by the Board. There is no limit on the number of awards presented annually.
Contact 1-515-289-2331 ext. 114 or email email@example.com.