The Merit Award is given in recognition of an outstanding activity, product, or service by a group, business firm, corporation, or organization that promotes the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources
Application and supporting documents are due by March 29, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- Activities of corporate sustaining members of SWCS are eligible.
- SWCS chapter activities are not eligible in this category.
- Eligible organizations include press, radio, movies, television, industries, corporations, churches, societies, foundations, civic clubs, scout groups, and other organizations, public or private, that have carried out a noteworthy conservation activity.
- The effort or activity shall be in line with the SWCS mission.
- The activity should be the result of an organized program and may include the activity of an agency or government.
- The activity shall have an effect over a large area, at least a large part of a state or province, or parts of several states or provinces.
- The principal effect of the activity should have been directed to other than professional conservationists.
- The activity should have clearly contributed to bringing about better conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources and/or better understanding of natural resource conservation issues.
- The selection of the organization should not bring discredit to similar or competing organizations.
- Nominations may be submitted by SWCS chapters and appropriate chapter committees, SWCS members, SWCS officers, SWCS Board members, or SWCS committee and task force chairs.
- Eligible groups may submit their own nominations.
- Nomination questionnaire and supporting material should include details on the geographic extent and scope of the nominee's contribution, the audience to which the contribution was targeted, and details on how the nominee's contribution improved the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources and/or improved the understanding of natural resource conservation issues.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. There is no limit on the number of awards presented annually.
Contact 1.515.289.2331 ext. 112 or email email@example.com.