The Melville H. Cohee Student Leader Conservation Scholarship provides financial assistance to members of SWCS who are in their junior or senior year of full-time undergraduate study or are pursuing graduate level studies with a natural resource conservation orientation at a properly accredited college or university.
Application and supporting documents are due by March 29, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
At least one scholarship up to $500 is anticipated to be awarded in 2019.
The application form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
An applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Applicants must be a member of SWCS for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
- In junior or senior year of full-time undergraduate study in fall of 2018 or pursuing graduate level studies in a natural resource field.
- Show a reasonable need for financial assistance.
* Members of the SWCS Awards Committee and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Provide responses to the online application.
- Provide three letters of recommendation.
- Provide transcripts.
- Letters of recommendation and transcripts are to be uploaded in the application.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank applications. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. Recognition of all scholarship recipients will be made at the Soil and Water Conservation Society International Annual Conference.
Contact 1.515.289.2331 ext. 112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.