The designation of Fellow is conferred on Society members who have performed exceptional service in advocating the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources. This award is given first and foremost for professional excellence. Professional achievement may be in practicing, investigating, administering, or teaching soil and water conservation or closely related fields. Only Society members with at least 10 years of membership are eligible.
Application and supporting documents are due by March 29, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- Only SWCS members with at least 10 continuous years of membership are eligible.
- Board members and officers of SWCS shall not be eligible during their term of office.
- Nominees should be widely recognized outside of SWCS and their state or province for their expertise as professional conservationists.
- Nominees shall have been active in SWCS affairs and shall have made contributions to the progress of SWCS beyond the chapter level.
- The degree of Fellow will not be awarded to recognize long and faithful service to a chapter or to the parent Society in the absence of significant professional achievement.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting this questionnaire and the information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Nominations shall be by petition, signed by at least 25 members of SWCS.
- Individuals signing the petition may, but need not be, members of the same SWCS chapter. Names of SWCS members who are not formal members of a local chapter may also appear on a petition.
- Names of petitioners must be printed as well as signed.
- Individuals signing the petition must be members of the Society as recognized by national headquarters on the application due date.
- Download the Nomination Petition Form here. Nomination Petition Forms are to be saved and uploaded in this nomination form.
- Supporting materials are required for this award.
The supporting materials should include:
- Three letters of support are required for this nomination. Additional letters of support will not be accepted.
- Nomination petition signed by at least 25 members of SWCS (petition link and instructions above).
- A maximum limit of 10 pages for nomination narratives (we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing, and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides). Nomination narrative should include:
- Significant publications or products using other media, significant papers presented at professional meetings, and other information, detailing the specific contributions the nominee has made, as deemed appropriate for the degree of Fellow.
- Length and continuity of SWCS membership and offices and committee memberships held at the chapter and international levels.
- SWCS representation on special boards, federations, and commissions.
- Other outstanding contributions to SWCS.
- Awards received from SWCS or other organizations.
- Nominee's professional curriculum vitae or resume (maximum limit of 20 pages – we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing, and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides).
- Supporting materials are to be uploaded in the application.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. No more than one-tenth of one percent of the Society's membership will be honored each year.
Contact 1.515.289.2331 ext. 112 or email email@example.com.