The designation of Fellow is conferred on SWCS members who have performed exceptional service in advocating the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources. This award is given for professional excellence, first and foremost. Professional achievement may be in practicing, investigating, administering, or teaching soil and water conservation or closely related fields.
Application and supporting documents will be due in March, 16 2018.
- Only Society members with at least 10 continuous years of membership are eligible.
- Board members and officers of the Society shall not be eligible during their term of office.
- Nominees should be widely recognized outside the Society and their state or province for their expertise as professional conservationists.
- Nominees shall have been active in Society affairs and shall have made contributions to the progress of the Society beyond the chapter level.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting the nomination questionnaire and the information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Nominations shall be by petition, signed by at least 25 members of SWCS.
- Click here to download the nomination petition. Petitions can be attached to the online award nomination questionnaire or downloaded and mailed to SWCS. Individuals signing the petition may, but need not be, members of the same Society chapter. Names of Society members who are not formal members of a local chapter may also appear on a petition.
- Names of petitioners must be printed as well as signed.
- Individuals signing the petition must be a member of the Society as recognized by national headquarters on the application due date.
- Supporting materials are required for this award.
The supporting materials should include:
- Three letters of support are required for this nomination. Additional letters of support will not be accepted.
- Nomination petition signed by at least 25 members of SWCS (nomination petition instructions above).
- A maximum limit of 10 pages for nomination narratives. We suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides. Nomination narrative should include:
- Documentation of an individual's professional achievements in narrative form, including significant publications or products using other media, significant papers presented at professional meetings, and other information, detailing the specific contributions the nominee has made, as deemed appropriate for the degree of Fellow
- Length and continuity of Society membership; offices and committee memberships held at the chapter and international levels
- Society representation on special boards, federations, and commissions
- Other outstanding contributions to the Society
- Awards received from the Society or other organizations.
- Nominee's professional curriculum vitae must accompany the award nomination questionnaire. (Maximum limit of 20 pages – we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides)
- All supporting materials can be uploaded during the online nomination process or materials can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (515) 289-1227, or mailed to:
The Soil and Water Conservation Society
945 SWC Ankeny Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominees. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. No more than one-tenth of one percent of the Society's membership will be honored each year.
Contact (515) 289-2331 ext. 114 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.