The Donald A. Williams Soil Conservation Scholarship provides financial assistance to members of SWCS who are currently employed, but who wish to improve their technical or administrative competence in a conservation-related field through course work at an accredited college or through a program of special study.
The complete application, including letters of recommendation and any additional supporting documents, is due by 11:59 PM Central on March 16, 2018.
At least one scholarship up to $1,000 is anticipated to be awarded in 2018.
An applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Be a member of SWCS for at least one year at the time of the application due date, as recognized by headquarters,
- Have demonstrated integrity, ability, and competence in his or her work and possess skills gained through training or experience,
- Have completed at least one year of full-time employment in a natural resource conservation endeavor,
- Be currently employed in a natural resource-related field, and
- Show reasonable financial need.
* Members of the SWCS Awards Committee and their immediate families are not eligible.
- To apply, please provide responses to questions in the online application and provide any additional materials.
- Provide three letters of recommendation.
- The scholarship application can be filled out and submitted electronically here.
- All supplemental materials and letters of recommendation can be uploaded during the online application process, emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (515) 289-1227, or mailed to:
Soil and Water Conservation Society
945 SW Ankeny Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
The Society’s Awards Committee will evaluate and rank applications. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. Recognition of all scholarship recipients will be made at the Soil and Water Conservation Society International Annual Conference.
Email email@example.com or call us at 1-515-289-2331 ext. 114.