The Donald A. Williams Soil Conservation Scholarship provides financial assistance to members of SWCS who are currently employed, but who wish to improve their technical or administrative competence in a conservation-related field through course work at an accredited college or through a program of special study.
Application and supporting documents are due by March 29, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
At least one scholarship up to $1,000 is anticipated to be awarded in 2019.
The application form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
An applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Applicants must be a member of SWCS for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
- Have demonstrated integrity, ability, and competence in his or her work and possess skills gained through training or experience.
- Have completed at least one year of full-time employment in a natural resource conservation endeavor.
- Be currently employed in a natural resource-related field.
- Show reasonable financial need.
*Members of the SWCS Awards Committee and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Provide responses to the online application.
- Three letters of recommendation are required. We suggest you use your supervisor and two others of your own choosing. Please make sure they are aware of the application deadline.You will upload the letters into the application.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank applications. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. Recognition of all scholarship recipients will be made at the Soil and Water Conservation Society International Annual Conference.
Contact 1.515.289.2331 ext. 112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.