The Conservation Research Award is conferred on Society members whose research has led to exceptional improvements in soil conservation, water conservation, and/or related natural resources research. This award is given for research excellence or results of the research that have led to significant conservation improvements.
Application and supporting documents are due by March 29, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- Those eligible must be SWCS members for three continuous years by the due date of this application.
- Board members, officers of the Society, and Award Committee members shall not be eligible for the award during their terms of office.
- Nominees should be widely recognized outside the Society and their state or province for their research excellence in conservation.
- The Conservation Research Award will not be awarded to recognize longevity of research career.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting information requested in this research application form.
- Nominations may be made by any SWCS member who has at least three years of continuous membership at the time of the nomination.
- Supporting materials are required for this award.
The supporting materials should include:
- A maximum limit of 10 pages for nomination narratives (we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing, and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides).
- Documentation of an individual's or team’s professional research achievements in narrative form, including significant publications or products using significant research papers, presentations at professional meetings, and other information, detailing the specific contributions.
- Length and continuity of SWCS membership.
- Related awards received from SWCS or other organizations.
- The nominee's professional curriculum vitae (maximum limit of 20 pages – we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing, and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides).
- Supporting materials are to be uploaded in the application.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. No more than four awards will be presented per year.
Contact 1.515.289.2331 ext. 112 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.