The Conservation Research Award is conferred on SWCS members or teams of members whose research has led to exceptional improvements in soil conservation, water conservation, and/or related natural resources research. This award is given for research excellence first and foremost. The award may be given for research excellence or results of the research that have led to significant conservation improvements. Recipients of the Conservation Research Award will receive a plaque and will be honored by their peers at an awards luncheon at the annual conference.
Application and supporting documents will be due in March 16, 2018.
- Those eligible must be Society members for three continuous years at the time the award is given.
- Board members, officers of the Society, and award committee members shall not be eligible for the award during their terms of office.
- Nominees should be widely recognized outside the Society and their state or province for their research excellence in conservation.
- The Conservation Research Award will not be awarded to recognize longevity of research career.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting the nomination questionnaire and the information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Nominations may be made by any Society member who has at least three years of continuous membership at the time of the nomination.
- Supporting materials are required for this award.
The supporting materials should include:
- A maximum limit of 10 pages for nomination narratives. We suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing and margins equal to or greater than 0.75 inches on all sides. Nomination narrative should include:
- Related awards received from the Society or other organizations
- Length and continuity of Society membership
- Documentation of an individual's or team’s professional research achievements in narrative form, including significant publications or products using significant research papers, presentations at professional meetings, and other information, detailing the specific contributions.
- The nominee's professional curriculum vitae must accompany the award nomination questionnaire (maximum limit of 20 pages – we suggest using Times New Roman 12 point, 1.5 line spacing and margins equal to or greater than .75 inches on all sides).
All supporting materials can be uploaded during the online nomination process or materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (515) 289-1227, or mailed to:
Soil and Water Conservation Society
945 SW Ankeny Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. The award will be presented at the annual meeting or elsewhere as designated by the Board. No more than four awards will be presented per year.
Contact (515) 289-2331 ext. 114 or email email@example.com.