The Commendation Award gives international recognition to Society members for service to their chapter or council of chapters.
Application and supporting documents are due by March 29, 2019. Late submissions will not be accepted.
The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- All SWCS members are eligible for consideration, except members who have received a Fellow Award within the past five years.
- The activity for which the individual is recognized should be in line with the SWCS objectives, growth, and activities.
- The nominee shall have served as a committee member, as a chapter officer, or in another capacity, and shall have been instrumental, in an exceptional way, in the development or implementation of a chapter activity.
- The activity should have required exceptional time or effort.
- The nominee's activity shall have been accomplished recently; does not necessarily have to be a long, sustained project; and may have been done over a period of less than a year.
- There is no limit to the number of times the Commendation Award may be given to an individual or on the time span between Commendations.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting the nomination questionnaire and the information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Each SWCS chapter or council of chapters (on behalf of a chapter), each parent SWCS officer, and each SWCS board member may nominate no more than one member each year.
- Application or supporting materials should detail the specific accomplishments the nominee has made to the chapter or council of chapters.
- Regional members of the Awards Committee will recommend approval or disapproval of all nominations in their respective regions. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval.
Contact 1.515.289.2331 ext. 112 or email email@example.com.