The Commendation Award gives international recognition to Society members for service to their chapter or council of chapters.
Application and supporting documents will be due in March 16, 2018.
- All Society members are eligible for consideration except members who have received a Fellow Award within the past five years.
- The activity for which the individual is recognized should be in line with the Society's objectives, growth, and activities.
- The nominee shall have served as a committee member, or as a chapter officer, or in another capacity, and shall have been instrumental, in an exceptional way, in the development or implementation of a chapter.
- The activity should have required exceptional time or effort.
- The nominee's activity shall have been accomplished recently; does not necessarily have to be a long, sustained project; and may have been done over a period of less than a year.
- There is no limit to the number of times the Commendation Award may be given to an individual or on the time span between Commendations.
- Nominations shall be made by submitting the nomination questionnaire and any information requested in the nomination questionnaire.
- Each Society chapter or council of chapters, each parent Society officer, and each Society board member may nominate no more than one member each year.
- Supporting material should detail the specific accomplishments the nominee has made to the chapter or council of chapters.
All supplemental materials can be uploaded during the online nomination process or materials can be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to (515) 289-1227, or mailed to:
Soil and Water Conservation Society
945 SW Ankeny Road
Ankeny, IA 50023
Regional members of the Awards Committee will recommend approval or disapproval of all nominations in their respective regions. The award will be presented at the annual meeting or elsewhere as designated by the Board. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval.
Contact 1-515-289-2331 ext. 114 or email email@example.com.