Chapters of the Soil and Water Conservation Society provide opportunities for education, training, and networking at a local level, where a diverse group of conservation-minded members meet to discuss and address the environmental challenges facing their particular landscapes and communities. Our chapters host educational events, organize cleanups, provide scholarships, participate in Envirothons, and offer fun networking opportunities, among other efforts!
The links below serve as a toolkit to help chapter officers and leaders with basic chapter operations and annual planning. For more information on leadership training and resources to help chapters succeed, contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
What are Chapters?
How to Start a Chapter
- Chapter Leadership Training
- Member Recruitment and Retention
- Chapter Bylaw Review Guidance (PDF)
- Chapter Oath of Office (Word Doc)
Join SWCS Chapter Leadership
Develop professional skills and network with an invested community of conservation leaders. Our chapters host educational events, organize cleanups, provide scholarships, and offer fun networking opportunities. Make the most of your membership by helping to design events and programs that are meaningful to you and your community.
- SWCS Chapters are 501(c)3 organizations and must file with the IRS. Please view the IRS website for tax information and a compliance guide (PDF) for nonprofits. ALL SWCS chapters must file a 990, 990EZ or 990N form to maintain nonprofit status. Chapters are also responsible for fulfilling public charity/nonprofit tax filing requirements within their respective states.