The Harold and Kay Scholl Excellence in Conservation Award recognizes individuals who work on the ground to provide direct and personal delivery or conservation planning and technical assistance. Recipients will receive a one-time cash award. The number and value of awards will depend on the annual income from the Scholl fund.
- Application and supporting documents are due by April 24, 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- The award may be given to SWCS members or nonmembers.
- Nominee must have demonstrated dedication and leadership to serving landowners, communities, and units of government through direct and personal delivery of conservation assistance or effectiveness and creativity in conservation planning and technical assistance that resulted in conservation of natural resources being applied to private lands or communities.
- Results of work or assistance – provide before and after results:
- Changes in soil quality
- Changes in water quality
- Changes in land use conversions to nonagricultural use
- Changes in wildlife populations
- Changes in esthetic values
- Changes in community economics as a result of services
- Changes in community attitude
- Results achieved through voluntary efforts of land users versus regulations
- Nominations shall be made by completing and submitting the questionnaire.
- Each nominator may submit no more than one individual for this award.
- Supporting materials are not required for this award, but before and after results are recommended.
- The SWCS Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the SWCS Board of Directors for final approval. No more than one award will be presented annually.
Contact email@example.com or 515.289.2331 ext. 112.