The designation of Fellow is conferred on Society members who have performed exceptional service in advocating the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources. This award is given for professional excellence first and foremost. Professional excellence may be in practicing, investigating, administering, or teaching soil and water conservation or closely related fields. Only Society members with at least 10 continuous years of membership are eligible.
- Application and supporting documents are due by April 24, 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- Only SWCS members with at least 10 continuous years of membership are eligible.
- Nominees should be widely recognized outside of SWCS and their state or province for their expertise as professional conservationists.
- Nominees shall have been active in SWCS affairs and shall have made contributions to the progress of SWCS beyond the chapter level.
- The degree of Fellow will not be awarded to recognize long and faithful service to a chapter or to the parent Society in the absence of significant professional achievement.
- Nominations shall be made by completing and submitting the questionnaire.
- Each nominator may submit no more than one individual for this award.
- Two letters of support are required for this nomination. Additional letters of support will not be accepted.
- A nomination narrative is required for this nomination. Nomination narrative should include:
- Significant publications or products using other media, significant papers presented at professional meetings, and other information, detailing the specific contributions the nominee has made, as deemed appropriate for the degree of Fellow.
- Length and continuity of SWCS membership and offices and committee memberships held at the chapter and international levels.
- SWCS representation on special boards, federations, and commissions.
- Other outstanding contributions to SWCS.
- Awards received from SWCS or other organizations.
- Nominee's professional curriculum vitae or resume.
- Supporting materials are to be uploaded in the application.
- The SWCS Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the SWCS Board of Directors for final approval. No more than one-tenth of one percent of the Society's membership will be honored annually.
Contact email@example.com or 515.289.2331 ext. 112.