The Donald A. Williams Soil Conservation Scholarship provides financial assistance to members of SWCS who are currently employed, but who wish to improve their technical or administrative competence in a conservation-related field through course work at an accredited college or through a program of special study.
Application and supporting documents are due by April 24, 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- One scholarship of $1,000 is anticipated to be awarded.
- The application form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- Applicants must be a member of SWCS for at least one year prior to the application deadline.
- Have demonstrated integrity, ability, and competence in his or her work and possess skills gained through training or experience.
- Have completed at least one year of full-time employment in a natural resource conservation endeavor.
- Be currently employed in a natural resource-related field.
- Show a reasonable need for financial assistance.
- Members of the SWCS Awards Committee and their immediate families are not eligible.
- Provide responses to the questions within the application.
- Provide three letters of recommendation.
- Letters of recommendation and transcripts are to be uploaded in the application.
- The Awards Committee will evaluate and rank applications. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. Recognition of all scholarship recipients will be made at the Soil and Water Conservation Society International Annual Conference.
Contact email@example.com or 515.289.2331 ext. 112.