The Conservation Professional of the Year Award recognizes individuals for outstanding accomplishments in practicing and advancing the science and art of natural resource conservation.
- Application and supporting documents are due by April 24, 2020. Late submissions will not be accepted.
- The nomination form is to be filled out and submitted electronically. All supporting materials are to be uploaded in the online application.
- The award may be given to SWCS members or nonmembers.
- A nominee's outstanding accomplishments must be widely recognized by leaders in soil and water conservation and/or related fields.
- The nominee's influence or position should have materially stimulated interest in, and advancement of, the conservation of soil, water, and related natural resources through one or more of the following fields: author, speaker, educator, administrator, industry, business, banking, soil conservation district, profession (lawyer, doctor, minister, etc.), and nonpartisan political activity.
- The nominee's activity shall have been of a voluntary nature and not part of his or her normal working duties.
- The nominee's political activities can in no way be construed to reflect a partisan attitude on the part of SWCS.
- Nominations shall be made by completing and submitting the questionnaire.
- Application should details specific accomplishments on the extent and scope of the nominee's contributions, on any assistance the nominee has given the parent Society or a chapter, how the nominee's professional role relates to his or her conservation activities, and other pertinent information. Omit reference to family, church, military, political, or social activities unless they relate specifically to the nominee's conservation activities.
- Supporting materials are not required for this award.
- The SWCS Awards Committee will evaluate and rank nominations. Recommendations will be presented to the SWCS Board of Directors for final approval.This year in honor of the 75th Anniversary, all eligible submissions will be acknowledged with a mailed certificate and mentioned in SWCS publications. One individual will receive the annual Conservation Professional of the Year Award.
Contact firstname.lastname@example.org or 515.289.2331 ext. 112.