Join the leading organization dedicated to advancing conservation science and practice. SWCS members have access to an active and collaborative community, essential content and resources, and outstanding professional experiences.
Join OnlineJoin by mailRenew MembershipNRCS Employees
The Soil and Water Conservation Society is the premier international organization for professionals who practice and advance the science and art of natural resource conservation. When you join SWCS, you join a community of conservationists who care about the future of natural resources. Our members include SWCD employees, researchers, administrators, extension workers, students, producers, policymakers, USDA employees, educators, consultants, retirees, and more.
As an SWCS member, you will
- Grow your professional network
- Increase your visibility within the conservation profession
- Unlock access to high-quality educational opportunities, training, and technical resources, including continuing education credits
- Connect with members of your local chapter
All members also receive
- Subscription to the Journal of Soil and Water Conservation
- Weekly Conservation NewsBriefs and monthly Conservogram e-newsletters
- Discounted registration to the SWCS International Annual Conference
- Opportunity to nominate or be recognized by peers for work to advance conservation through the SWCS Awards and Scholarships Program
- A 20% discount on SWCS publications (contact firstname.lastname@example.org for more information)
- Reduced rates for journal publication charges
- Conservation slogan notebook (US residents only)
- Free book: Aldo Leopold: The Man and His Legacy (US residents only)
- Automatic membership to your local state chapter
Membership levels — in US funds
The Presidents Club and Leader levels offer members the opportunity to further support the Society and recognition in the Society's annual report. We appreciate our members at all levels and invite you to become a member at the level that is right for you.
|Presidents Club||$275 annually|
|Conservation Community Member†||$230 annually|
|Conservation Community Member‡||$500 annually|
|Developing Country Conservationist §||$36 annually|
*Student members must be full-time students taking 12 credits/semester
† Conservation Community members at the $230 level are Soil and Water Conservation Districts, university extension offices, local governments, and not-for-profits that serve a geographic area smaller than a state.
‡ Conservation Community members at the $500 level are qualifying not-for-profit organizations that serve a state or larger geographic region.
§ Qualifying countries identified by The World Bank as low, lower-middle, and upper-middle income economies as of April 1 of the current year.
Looking to highlight your business or organization as a leader in conservation? View our Corporate Partnership page and contact email@example.com for information.