Please use this draft program schedule as an outline of what to expect if accepted into the 2023-2024 Emerging Leaders Program. We will be tailoring the program to best suit the needs of our participants, including webinar dates and content. There will be additional, optional networking and professional development opportunities. The program will require a commitment of approximately 2-3 days per quarter.
Pre Program Prep
- Accepted applicants will be asked to make a video describing how they define leadership and fill out a detailed questionnaire to help SWCS staff tailor the program to meet their needs
Module 1: You as a Leader
- Program kickoff webinar
- Define what leadership means to you and identify your leadership style
- Receive tools to serve as an SWCS leader – organization information, social media templates, and more!
Module 2: Conservation Events Planning
- Take our Virtual Conservation Events Planning Workshop
- Connect with other Emerging Leaders and industry professionals
Module 3: Host an Event
- Put your leadership and events training into practice and host a conservation activity in your area. SWCS staff will support you with resources and local contacts
Module 4: Program Recap
- Join SWCS at our 79th SWCS International Annual Conference and participate in conference events planned just for our Emerging Leaders (free registration to program participants)
- Reflect on the program and your experiences gaining leadership skills, expanding your professional network, and hosting a conservation activity
- Update your resume and online presence with support from SWCS staff and partners
- Graduate from the program and continue your leadership through SWCS with your new skills and network
This schedule is subject to change.