Making Retail Conservation Real: A National Meeting to Advance Conservation Agronomy in the Private Sector
February 21-22, 2024
Hilton Downtown Des Moines, Iowa
This is an invitation only event. Space is limited, but we welcome additional attendee recommendations by emailing email@example.com.
This two-day meeting will bring together leaders in ag retail and conservation from across the country to explore the best methods to advance conservation agronomy in the private sector. Participants will share the trends and drivers of demand, interest, and values that retailer led conservation brings. The most up-to-date information on retailer conservation will be unveiled and discussed. Individuals will share about the existing retailer conservation service delivery structures and identify the barriers and solutions needed to increase private sector engagement. There will be space for peer-to-peer sharing and learning and tracks for Executive-Level retailer leadership to learn and share. Investors and supporters of these initiatives will leave with an understanding of the actions they can take to support retailer efforts.
Goals of the Meeting:
- Explore the trends and drivers feeding demand for Conservation Agronomy
- Engage with stakeholders that need to reach farmer customers for them to be successful
- Engage attendees in a conversation of how to overcome challenges, sustain and bolster support for scalable conservation delivery
- Connect Ag Retail and Conservation Implementation
- Connect state and regional programs
- Convene a group of Ag Retail partners and conservation practitioners to build networks and highlight the different regional approaches
- Convene conservation agronomist retail partners and highlight the different piloted employment models
- Produce a summary of lessons learned, including participants, in the form of a memo or white paper
- Determine support needed to advance initiatives
- A state, regional and national network of stakeholders who are implementing, managing and supporting retailer conservation efforts.