Duties and Responsibilities
- Serves a one year term as voting member of the Executive Council prior to being President.
- Attends regular and special Executive Council meetings and the Annual Meeting of the Chapter.
- Presides at Executive Council and Chapter meeting in the absence of the chapter President.
- Serves as spokesperson for the Chapter as directed or in the absence of the Chapter President.
- Works with the Executive Council in developing an annual Chapter program and budget plan.
- Selects Committee and Task Force Chairs for the upcoming year.
- Serves on the Membership Committee.
- Assists the President with all business and annual meeting preparations.
- Attends Northern Plains Region Chapter Development Workshop (normally held in the late winter).
- Serves as Chapter Delegate to International meetings.
- President-Elect should attend or participate in as a minimum:
SWCS annual meeting (publicize national meeting)
Chapter Officer nomination (see by-laws)
Community Awards nominations (Farmer/Rancher, Youth, Media)
SWCS National Awards
SWCS Chapter Awards
Chapter Annual Meetings (this is the only meeting that is required in the by-laws)
Back to Colorado Committees