Donald A. Williams Soil Conservation Scholarship
The Donald A. Williams Soil Conservation Scholarship provides financial assistance to members of SWCS who are currently employed, but who wish to improve their technical or administrative competence in a conservation-related field through course work at an accredited college or through a program of special study. This scholarship is restricted to undergraduates.
At least one scholarship up to $1,000 is anticipated to be awarded in 2013.
An applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Be a member of SWCS for at least 1 year
- Have demonstrated integrity, ability, and competence in his or her work and possess skills gained through training or experience
- Have completed at least one year of full-time employment in a natural resource conservation endeavor
- Be currently employed in a natural resource-related field
- Show reasonable financial need.
Application requirements include:
- Completion and submission of the online application
- Submission of three letters of recommendation - Recommendation letters can be uploaded into the online application. Or, your references can email them to firstname.lastname@example.org, fax them to (515) 289-1227, or mail them to: The Soil and Water Conservation Society, Attn: Donald A. Williams Soil Conservation Scholarship, 945 SW Ankeny Rd., Ankeny, IA 50023.
Applications Must Be Received By February 12
Submission will receive a confirmation of receipt. Late applications will not be considered.
Please email email@example.com or call us at (515) 289-2331.