Melville H. Cohee Student Leader Conservation Scholarship
The 2015 scholarship program is now closed.
Continue to watch this webpage for details on scholarship opportunities in 2016.
The Melville H. Cohee Student Leader Conservation Scholarship was started in the early 1990s to honor student members who succeed as leaders in their studies, volunteerism, and work. Nominations for this scholarship come from all over the world to compete against other student Society members who have interest in conservation or other resource-related fields.
The Melville H. Cohee Student Leader Conservation Scholarships provides financial assistance to members of SWCS who are in their junior or senior year of full-time undergraduate study or are pursuing graduate level studies with a natural resources conservation orientation at a properly accredited college or university.
At least one scholarship up to $500 is anticipated to be awarded in 2015.
An applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Be a member of SWCS for at least 1 year by the scholarship due date, as recognized by headquarters.
- In junior or senior year of full-time undergraduate study in upcoming fall semester or pursuing graduate level studies in a natural resources field.
- Show a reasonable need for financial assistance.
* Members of the SWCS Awards Committee and their immediate families are not eligible.
- To apply, please provide responses to questions in the online application and provide any additional materials,
- Provide three letters of recommendation, and
- Submit transcripts.
All supplemental materials and letters can be uploaded during the online application process or you can mail or email the materials to:
Soil and Water Conservation Society
The Society’s Awards Committee will evaluate and rank applications. Recommendations will be presented to the Board of Directors for final approval. Recognition of all scholarship recipients will be made at the Soil and Water Conservation Society International Annual Conference.
Email email@example.com or call us at 1-515-289-2331 ext. 114.