Melville H. Cohee Student Leader Conservation Scholarship
The Melville H. Cohee Student Leader Conservation Scholarship was started in the early 1990s to honor student members who succeed as leaders in their studies, volunteerism, and work. Nominations for this scholarship come from all over the world to compete against other student society members who have interest in conservation or other resource-related fields.
The Melville H. Cohee Student Leader Conservation Scholarships provides financial assistance to members of SWCS who are in their junior or senior year of full-time undergraduate study or are pursuing graduate level studies with a natural resources conservation orientation at a properly accredited college or university.
At least one scholarship up to $500 is anticipated to be awarded in 2014.
An applicant must meet all of the following qualifications:
- Be a member of SWCS for at least 1 year by the scholarship due date, as recognized by headquarters
- In junior or senior year of full-time undergraduate study in upcoming fall semester or pursuing graduate level studies in a natural resources field
- Show a reasonable need for financial assistance
* Members of the SWCS Awards Committee and their immediate families are not eligible.
Application requirements include:
- Completion and submission of the online application
- *Submission of three letters of recommendation
- *Submission of the recent copy of your transcript
*Recommendation letters and transcript copies can be uploaded into the online application. Or, they can be emailed to email@example.com, faxed to (515) 289-1227, or mailed to: The Soil and Water Conservation Society, Attn: Melville H. Cohee Leader Conservation Scholarship, 945 SW Ankeny Rd., Ankeny, IA 50023.
Applications Must Be Received By February 12, 2014.
Submission will receive a confirmation of receipt. Late applications will not be considered.
Please email firstname.lastname@example.org or call us at (515) 289-2331.