Conference Site Selection
Per the July 2003 Board Resolution, SWCS has adopted a new approach to select sites for the Society’s annual conference. The new approach differs from the previous approach in the following ways:
- Chapters will not be asked to bid on or compete to “host” the annual conference.
- We would no longer follow the mandatory regional rotation in site locations.
The reasons for moving to the new approach are:
- Reduce the burden—particularly fund raising—on a local chapter that assists with holding the annual conference.
- Enable chapter partners to focus their efforts on organizing activities that most effectively strengthen the local chapter.
- Select sites primarily on their ability to accommodate the growth in size and diversity of sessions that we are experiencing in our annual conference.
- Keep the cost of attending the annual conference—airfare, lodging, registration, etc.—as low as possible for conference participants.
Answers to Frequently Asked Questions (FAQ) about the selection process and partnering to host a conference can be found here...
We will begin the search and selection process for the next set of conferences in mid-2013. If you are interested in working to help host the 2017 or 2018 conference in your state or community, please contact email@example.com.
Future International Annual Conference Dates and Locations
2017: Madison, WI (Monona Terrace Convention Center) - July 30 - August 2